Art in Destruction

 


On this Anniversary month of Hurricane Sally, I would like to breach the subject of Art in Destruction. I also want to begin by saying I totally feel for, and cannot imagine how heartbreaking it can be to have everything you ever worked for be wiped out and or destroyed in an event like Sally. What I would like to do, is talk about how the aftermath can be captured in an artistic way, through paintings, drawings or as in my case Photography. 



In the photos posted here, I took a trip over to Pensacola, Florida,  one of the hardest hit areas of Sally to capture these images of the damaged fishing fleet.

 


Through good composition, camera setting and post processing, I was able to give an artistic view of Sally's aftermath here. You will also notice, that most all the images were done in Black and White, this was my artistic take on the scene, finding B&W portrays what happened here so much better than color.


A little bit about capturing the images, a challenge in itself. In order to get in position and the proper angles I wanted, there was staying out of the way behind a busy fish market. Many of the docks were damaged and blocked off, so working around them and being careful not to trespass onto them limited some of the angles, but I was able to work around those also. The shooting locations were dispersed and getting between them took some time.  Most all were shot hand held, due to the lay of the land. You may also notice I selected a cloudy day and not just any cloudy day, the clouds needed to have structure as opposed to a flat grey sky. So, you can see, capturing artistic style images and not just these, take time, forethought, planning and a vision.

My heart goes out to the Captains of these boats, I understand they lost their livelihood and hope they were able to find new boats and continue their passion.

I hope, through my images, I was able to portray the Art in Destruction in more than a documentary way.   I also hope you enjoyed the images for what the are and the read itself, so until next time.........................


My Website

Instagram Page

Follow on Facebook

Check Me Out on Flickr

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing and respecting the losses. Amazing composition and black/white suits it well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little About Me

2020 Photographic Favorites (Part 2)